| Guided Tour
| Tips Tricks and Faqs
| Contact and Imprint
How to use gnudb instead of freedb with Audiograbber
The free CD database freedb ceased its service on 13 June 2020. Fortunately, there is an equally good alternative with gnudb. In this tutorial we show you how to use Audiograbber with gnudb instead of freedb.
Note: If you have already installed the current 2020 Edition of Audiograbber 1.83, gnudb is already set by default. This guide is only relevant for older versions of Audiograbber.
1) Click on Settings > Freedb Settings
2) Change these settings:
- Set "Connect via" to "HTTP"
- Check the box "Use Proxy"
- Enter "proxy.gnudb.org" in the proxy "Server" field and set the proxy port to "80"
3) Click on "Get list" and choose "gnudb.gnudb.org" from the list:
4) Save the settings by clicking "OK" – done!
Now you can access gnudb instead of freedb with Audiograbber. We wish you a good time with Audiograbber!